We were going to start this post by saying that If you are going to be in Toronto on February 15th, we’d love to have you attend our workshop on Social Media, Crowdsourcing and Microvolunteering for Charities and Non-profits. BUT – we can’t. Its completely SOLD OUT – which happened the last time we ran these workshops. We’ll be back though.
So FYI – we are hosting this workshop as part of Social Media Week in Toronto, which runs from February 13-17. The workshop will run from 8:30-10:30am and will be a combination of seminar and discussion so that everyone can learn from the experiences of their peers.
About the Workshop
The last time we held this event, we had to add a second session – and that still wasn’t enough to accommodate the demand, so we figured, why not offer the workshop again! Times (and technology) are changing. Social media and crowdsourcing/crowdfunding have helped a number of charities and non-profits recruit volunteers and achieve results. If you’re interested in any of these topics and want to learn more about how your charity or non-profit can benefit from crowdsourcing, crowdfunding and social media, we strongly suggest attending this workshop.
The workshop will cover topics such as:
- Social media and its impact on fundraising and volunteer recruitment efforts
- Crowdsourcing and Crowdfunding – what are they and how can you use them
- Fundchange.com – what is it and how can you participate
- Koodonation.com – what is it and how can you take advantage of its community of micro volunteers
- Project based fundraising and micro-volunteering, as well as trends in this direction
- Options for engaging a new generation of donors or volunteers
The speakers leading the session include:
- Claire Kerr – Director of Digital Philanthropy, Artez Interactive
- Jennifer Robertson – Director of Communications, Koodo
- Paul Dombowsky – founder of Fundchange, CEO of Ideavibes
For more information, visit: http://socialmediaweek.org/event/?event_id=1482
IF you would like to to be notified about future workshops, sign-up to our e-newsletter at http://www.ideavibes.com